Monday, July 19, 2010

Couch to 5K week 6

Looking at the C25K program I saw that this is the last week with walk breaks during the prescribed runs (only today & Wednesday), so I decided to take advantage of it and step up my pace a wee bit so that I can get the FULL 3.1 miles in 30 minutes when it's time for me to run that in 3 weeks. Up until now I was just building a base getting used to jogging again and now that I know I am good to go I can push a little more. So today's prescribed workout was 5 min warm-up then: run 5 mins, walk 3, run 8 mins, walk 3, run 5 mins. I did all that with the runs at 9:40 mile pace then I walked until 45 minutes utilizing the full amount of the incline [no, I didn't want to get on the elliptical ha]. So that was good & easy.

Hubby wanted to surprise me, but I guess he just decided to spill the beans early. My b-day present will be spending $$$ at the sporting goods store =) I'm easy, ha.

Anyway, so the next step with running after the C25K is up will be adding in another day of running per week. At least one outside run a week, some speed intervals, hill training & slowly adding on distance on a long run. I don't know anything about running, but I'm gonna pretend like I do ;)

No comments: