Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oy!

Okay so this running stuff is hard for beginners (or those who do not run lol). With the last running I did being easy I figured I'd go to the week 4 workouts & be fine, omg um no. I must've forgotten I'm building up from not being terribly out of shape again, oy! Week 4 Couch to 5K prescribed workout: 5 min warm-up then run 3 mins, walk 90 sec, run 5 mins, walk 2.5 min repeat that run/walk sequence a 2nd time. Well the last 5 min run I wanted to die. I wanted to let myself fall off the tready then just lie in a bloody heap on the concrete basement floor... what? Okay maybe I didn't want that pain, but I sure as heck wanted to quit, felt like I was going to vomit etc. but I made it every stinkin second. And DANG IT next time I won't feel so bad doing it, it'll be easier! Then when I finished that & did a sloooow walking cool down I said EFF IT I'm going on the elliptical and getting in some time even if all I wanna do is go crash on the floor or couch or whatever. So I did 20 on the elliptical, stretched & ate. And I am here to tell the story, so I'm alive. HA! I don't want green lungs anymore, phew.

No comments: