Saturday, July 3, 2010

Here we go!

I TOTALLY cheated way too much yesterday. From now on cheats will be strictly limited to ONE meal because more is NOT worth the after effects! Because of the bloat and whatnot I decided not to run today. This morning I did P90X shoulders & arms, with typical weights & very high rep (can't go heavier yet). I did the full video too. This afternoon I got in a half hour elliptical session to work off some of the bloat and MAN did it feel great! This morning it probably would've made me want to hurl, stupid bad food hangover, ick!

So I'm totally stoked to start running and I don't even know why, maybe it's just having some sort of concrete goal. I do wish I had someone to DO it with (in person), but regardless I'm happy LOL and I can't even run yet. Maybe after I finish the Couch to 5K program I'll be a runner, maybe. Before Hubby had given me an extra monthly allowance (incentive for staying on track when the going gets rough) so I've now decided that $$$ will be for running gear LOL! Today I ordered a hat, shorts & 2 shirts. I figured as soon as I hit the 5K distance I will start making it out on the road for weekly runs, then come fall I can be outside 3 times a week easy regardless of DH's schedule.

I think I can make that 5K race. It's Sep 25th, it should be on the Saturday of his monthly week off. It's only a half hour drive away, so he should even be able to bring the girls down & make it a family thing & my first race can be cheered by my lovies ;) I think it's perfect to get a race feel, and it's better for my first because it's pretty small (just a 5K and a 3K). It's pretty much the only one I can run before the end of the year (because of his schedule & not being able to travel etc.). I'm not even 100% sure if I will be able to do it because his plant should start this insane thing called an outage either end of September or beginning of October. I'm really really hoping for October, just sayin'.

That's enough babbling for today. Adios!

No comments: