Thursday, July 8, 2010

Progress NOT perfection!

I need to continuously remind myself that we should be focused on progress, not perfection. As long as I do continually get better, I am getting closer to my goals.

This morning I did a repeat of the C25K week 4 prescribed workout. This time I didn't contemplate death by falling off treadmill. I didn't wonder if I'd purge the water I drank before. Before the last 5 minute run, though, I did get a side stitch. During the 90 sec walk period before that I stretched, slowed a lot, tried my best & got it to disappear momentarily. I tried to convince myself that I could make it, it was really really hard. The last 2 minutes of that last bit started hurting a LOT, but I figured I could push through and I did. So, plan is to keep up this run until I can do it without pleading for my life or side stitches. Just sayin... It was 5 min warm-up then twice through of: run 3 mins, walk 90 sec, run 5 mins, walk 2.5 mins.

I'm so looking forward to resting tomorrow :)

No comments: