Friday, July 30, 2010

Freaking intervals!

So today's run (prescribed 2.5 miles) workout went like this: 5 mins walk @ 4.0 mph, jog @ 6.0 mph for 8 mins, then three times through of [1 minute each] 6.0 mph, 6.2, 6.4, 6.6. I wanted to do one more set of those intervals but I wouldn't have been able to finish so the last 5 minutes were 6.0 mph. Then I walked very very slow for 2.5 mins to cool down & got on my elliptical for 20. I'm not sure if my body is really ready for intense intervals yet, so I'm not going to push too much.

A couple days ago when I was doing an extra elliptical session I thought I was bonking in the middle of it (running out of energy) because all of a sudden it felt like I was running through knee deep mud instead of the easy breezy smooth sailing of minimum resistance (ha). Well after doing extra on it yesterday I found out it adjusted it's own resistance (aka it's getting old & I think I knocked something loose) so at least it wasn't just me getting worse or something lol.

Speaking of yesterday, I did an extra 30 mins elliptical and some abs and it was good. I'm hoping I see some changes this week. Hey I'm up to 7.5 miles a week (running) that's not toooo shabby :) Next week will be more then the next week will be the 5Ks. I'm possibly cutting out intervals altogether just to be able to do the time jogging "easy".

No comments: